The Flora tapestry was designed by William Morris (1834 - 1896) and Edward Burne-Jones (1833 - 1898) in 1885. It depicts Flora, the goddess of abundance, who personifies summer, standing barefoot in flowing garments with a wreath in her hair. She holds fresh flowers in her hand and we can see the intricate floral background, inspired by the Medieval decorative technique known as Mille Fleurs (thousand flowers), demonstrating the artists' admiration for pre-Renaissance art.
The tapestry is inscribed with the following verse taken from Poems by the Way by William Morris, beautifully rendered in Gothic type:
I am the handmaid of the Earth • I broider fair her glorious gown • and deck her on her days of mirth • with many a garland of renown • and while earth's little onesare fain • and play about the mother's hem • I scatter every gift I gain • from sun and wind to gladden them
This wall tapestry is woven in Belgium on a jacquard loom with 100% cotton thread. It is lined with a cotton backing and is finished with a rod sleeve. The gobelin quality is obtained by a denser, thicker weft and as such is somewhat heavier than the regular tapestry quality.
Size is 72x110 cms (37"x44"). Also available in size 48x62 cms (19"x25") : https://www.etsy.com/listing/663141223
Fabric Care: remove dust with hoover. Do not hang on wall with longtime exposure to sunlight
Origin : woven and finished in Belgium, cradle of tapestry weaving !
If you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Enjoy your purchase at Yapatkwa !
100% satisfaction guaranteed:
We strive to provide the highest quality and customer satisfaction. If for whatever reason you are not happy with your purchase, we will offer you a full refund, no questions asked. Because our customers matter
Join all your fellow tapestry enthusiasts and receive exclusive offers and discounts. Be the first to know about our new tapestry designs. Sign up now and receive your gift immediately: https://mailchi.mp/d908b38a8b1e/yapatkwa-mailing-list
5-7 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 5 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorized Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional information (for personalization, for example), if you contact me directly.
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Tom Deleenheer, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at Yapatkwa@gmail.com. Alternately, you may mail me at: Yapatkwa bvba, Industriepark West 73, 9100 Sint-Niklaas
Yes, we do. You can find more info on ordering our products wholesale at https://www.etsy.com/listing/232119724
Yes, once we ship your item, you will be notified with a tracking number. We ship worldwide with BPost (Belgian postal services)
Sizes are posted in inches. 1 inch is 2.5 cms
Jan 19, 2022
Wow! This tapestry is gorgeous. Bright colors, crisp, clear design. It will look beautiful on my wall. Thank you.
Sep 30, 2021
Apr 9, 2021
Es un tapiz precioso. Estoy muy contenta. Y el envío ha sido muy rápido.
Sep 11, 2020
Wonderfull. I love it. Thank you so much.
Apr 11, 2020
Absolutely superb William Morris tapestry arrived quickly and in perfect condition. I can highly recommend this seller ! Thrilled with my purchase, many thanks to this friendly helpful seller :)