This Museum Collection wall tapestry shows The The Portrait of Adèle Bloch Bauer by Gustav Klimt. It was painted by the Austrian Symbolist painter Gustav Klimt between 1908 and 1909, the highpoint of his "Golden Period", when he painted a number of works in a similar gilded style. A perfect square, the canvas depicts a couple embracing, their bodies entwined in elaborate robes decorated in a style influenced by both linear constructs of the contemporary Art Nouveau style and the organic forms of the earlier Arts and Crafts movement. The work is composed of oil paint with applied layers of gold leaf, an aspect that gives it its strikingly modern, yet evocative appearance. The painting is now in the Österreichische Galerie Belvedere museum in the Belvedere palace, Vienna, and is widely considered a masterpiece of the early modern period. It is a symbol of Vienna Jugendstil—Viennese Art Nouveau—and is considered Klimt's most popular work
Adele Bloch-Bauer was born in Vienna on August 9, 1881, the youngest daughter of the seven children of the banker Moritz Bauer (1840–1905) and Jeannette Bauer née Honig (1844–1922). Her father was the general director of the influential Viennese Bank association and the president of the Orient railway company. When she was fifteen her sheltered world was shaken by the early death of her much loved older brother Karl. Presumably it was the trauma of his death that caused her to distance herself from religion. Denied the possibility to study and feeling unhappy at her parents’ house, Adele married relatively young. On December 19, 1899, she married the industrialist Ferdinand Bloch (1864–1945) who was seventeen years her senior. Her marriage followed the marriage of her sister Therese (1874–1961) to Ferdinand’s brother, Dr. Gustav Bloch (1862–1938). Adele and Ferdinand had no children. In 1917, both couples added the wives’ maiden name to the family name: Bloch-Bauer.
This wall tapestry is woven in Belgium on a jacquard loom with mixed fibres. It is lined with a blue cotton backing and is finished with a rod sleeve. The gobelin quality is obtained by a denser, thicker weft and as such is somewhat heavier than the regular tapestry quality.
This tapestry is available in 4 sizes
Fabric Care: remove dust with hoover. Do not hang on wall with longtime exposure to sunlight
Origin : woven and finished in Belgium, cradle of tapestry weaving !
If you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Enjoy your purchase at Yapatkwa !
100% satisfaction guaranteed:
We strive to provide the highest quality and customer satisfaction. If for whatever reason you are not happy with your purchase, we will offer you a full refund, no questions asked. Because our customers matter
Join all your fellow tapestry enthusiasts and receive exclusive offers and discounts. Be the first to know about our new tapestry designs. Sign up now and receive your gift immediately: https://mailchi.mp/d908b38a8b1e/yapatkwa-mailing-list
5-7 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 5 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorized Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional information (for personalization, for example), if you contact me directly.
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Tom Deleenheer, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at Yapatkwa@gmail.com. Alternately, you may mail me at: Yapatkwa bvba, Industriepark West 73, 9100 Sint-Niklaas
Yes, we do. You can find more info on ordering our products wholesale at https://www.etsy.com/listing/232119724
Yes, once we ship your item, you will be notified with a tracking number. We ship worldwide with BPost (Belgian postal services)
Sizes are posted in inches. 1 inch is 2.5 cms
Sep 21, 2021
Very pleased with lovely and well made hanging tapestry and pillow cover. Color on pillow cover more intense, not sure if that is result of smaller size.
Jul 17, 2020
Absolutely love my new pillow cover. The colors are amazing and the quality is wonderful. Delivery was quick. I will definitely use this site again. Thank you to Yapatkwa tapestry