This Museum Collection throw blanket shows a composition of The Lady and the Unicorn (French: La Dame à la licorne) a series of six tapestries woven in Flanders from wool and silk, The set, on display in the Musée national du Moyen Âge (former Musée de Cluny) in Paris, is often considered one of the greatest works of art of the Middle Ages in Europe.
Five of the tapestries are commonly interpreted as depicting the five senses – taste, hearing, sight, smell, and touch. The sixth displays the words "À mon seul désir". The tapestry's meaning is obscure, but has been interpreted as representing love or understanding. Each of the six tapestries depicts a noble lady with the unicorn on her left and a lion on her right; some include a monkey in the scene. The pennants, as well as the armour of the Unicorn and Lion in the tapestry bear the arms of the sponsor, Jean Le Viste, a powerful nobleman in the court of King Charles VII. However, a very recent study of the heraldry appears to lend credence to another hypothesis - previously dismissed - that the real sponsor of the tapestry is Antoine II Le Viste (1470-1534), a descendant of the younger branch of the Le Viste family and an important figure at the court of Charles VIII, Louis XII and François I.
The tapestries are created in the style of mille-fleurs (meaning: "thousand flowers")..
The throw is woven in Belgium with 100% cotton thread and is finished with fringes.
Size is 140 cms x 140 cms (56'x56').
Fabric Care : dry clean only
Origin : designed, woven and finished in Belgium !
If you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Enjoy your purchase at Yapatkwa !
100% satisfaction guaranteed:
We strive to provide the highest quality and customer satisfaction. If for whatever reason you are not happy with your purchase, we will offer you a full refund, no questions asked. Because our customers matter
Join all your fellow tapestry enthusiasts and receive exclusive offers and discounts. Be the first to know about our new tapestry designs. Sign up now and receive your gift immediately: https://mailchi.mp/d908b38a8b1e/yapatkwa-mailing-list
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 5 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorized Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional information (for personalization, for example), if you contact me directly.
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Tom Deleenheer, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at Yapatkwa@gmail.com. Alternately, you may mail me at: Yapatkwa bvba, Industriepark West 73, 9100 Sint-Niklaas
Yes, we do. You can find more info on ordering our products wholesale at https://www.etsy.com/listing/232119724
Yes, once we ship your item, you will be notified with a tracking number. We ship worldwide with BPost (Belgian postal services)
Sizes are posted in inches. 1 inch is 2.5 cms
Nov 23, 2021
Great quality items! The colors are beautiful.
Oct 20, 2021
Thank you very much to the seller! 😊Excellent reliable packaging! A very beautiful product that matches the description. I will drop by your store! Best regards, Ksenia.
May 8, 2021
Perfect gift, beautiful and big and well-crafted! The recipient loved it :)
Jul 6, 2020
Simply put, I love it. It is cotton, beautifully woven in Flanders, the colours are lovely and it was here so quickly. So very pleased with it. I have told my friends and an online group of Chateau lovers about your store and products and they have started to check out your store and sign up for your newsletter. All the best.